View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Admittedly I've only seen him live maybe 5 times this year, but I was quite impressed. He has good size and vision and great hockey sense. A tiny bit of a late-bloomer but he is really blossoming with first line ice time in Barrie.

From what I've seen, his game reminds me a bit of Ryan Johansen. I'm not saying he's at that level yet and he's maybe not as much of a shooter, but similar style moving around the ice. He has the tools to be an NHL impact guy, but it'll be a few years.
Definitely agree. His hockey sense is definitely high and you can tell that because he's one of those players who is always around the puck. He's definitely more of a playmaker and isn't someone who'll wow you with one on one skill, but he reads the play and anticipates things offensively.

With his size he's going to continue to attract attention. Heck, he's still growing into his frame. Once he gets stronger and improves his skating (just average IMO), he'll get even better.

There are some holes in his game and some places that need improvement, but 6'4 centers with his hockey sense don't grow on trees. If he keeps performing as he has this season (and scouts keep coming to Barrie), he could go higher than we're anticipating currently due to the NHL's growing fascination with large centers.