Thread: Proposal: Edmonton and Buffalo
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 05:29 PM
fear the grier

vCash: 500
Coming from a Buffalo perspective I'd like to think that they would never consider trading Myers regardless of the offer at this point.

To entertain the idea the offer would obviously start with a 1st round pick and a high end center coming to Buffalo. I dont believe MPS, Hall, or Eberle play center so I guess it would have to be the one with the highest upside. It would probably have to involve a D coming back as well, probably a young guy...not Jason Strudwick, I think he played with Gretzky in Edmonton he's so old.

I think we're still a year away from saying Sekera has established himself as a solid D-man on a 2nd pairing. You forget that him and Butler were alternating games in the pressbox the whole 2nd half of last year, and Craig Rivet was playing so that shows how poorly they were both playing.

Butler would be more likely to be dealt, he's been a healthy stratch the majorituy of teh last 2 months because Mike Weber has badly outplayed him. If the Oilers want to give Cogs and a mid-round pick for him be my guest...maybe that would finally lead to Rob Niedermayer being put out of his misery

fear the grier is offline   Reply With Quote