View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 06:04 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android;30364348[B
]And when Weber went down with injury the other year, we went on a 6 game losing streak and Suter was like -8 while looking lost out there. It goes both ways.[/B]

The notion that Suter is better than Weber is somewhat popular on these boards among Preds fans, but not as a whole or to the Preds fans not on these boards. It's become a trendy thing to say here on HF.
You mean 07-08? That was quite some time ago and IMO Suter didn't really start to come on as a legit #1 until last year. For the record I've been saying Suter is better than Weber for awhile now. I think this season it's quite obvious, to me at least, when watching through the course of an entire season. Weber needs a guy with Suter's attributes to be at optimal effectiveness. When Weber was with Boullion earlier this year when Suter went down he looked awful. There is no other way around it.

Suter is a rock, I would bet there isn't 5 defensman in the whole game that can have a forechecker hanging all over there back but still be as poised as Suter and make a great play. He's great with his stick. He's not punishing with his physical play but he uses his body enough to make the play he needs to make. He almost never gets beat one on one. (Even though Bolland and Korpikoski made him look silly lately) It's still a rare event.

Weber is more of a gamechanger in the sense he can score at literally any time even from the blueline and he can intimidate with big hits and ferociousness but Suter is by far more steadier which is more important in the overall scheme of things. Plus he is improving on the offensive side as well and has made himself into a solid PP QB. If he had a better shot from the point and was just an overall better goalscorer he would be the best Dman in the league.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote