Thread: Value of: David Clarkson to Montreal
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
We have plenty of defensive prospects that are 1-3 years away. We need a PMD that can immediately step into our top 6. I don't know Y. Weber well enough to say either way, but is he that kind of player? I was under the impression he wasn't quite ready to be a full-time NHL caliber player.
He will be next year for sure.

He's got quite a big shot. He can pass the puck well and he's a righty. They're a little harder to come by. He's 5'11, though and better paired with a bigger guy. He's not afraid to hit, or be hit.

He surprisingly has 2 points (1g, 1a) in 3 playoff games. He'll be given time this year to play. He's pretty close to being NHL ready. You see the odd mistake, but he is paired with Spacek a lot. He should, (if he stays with Montréal) play pretty much the rest of the season (barring injury) and get some more playoff games under his belt.

At the 2007 NHL combine, he apparently was one of, if not the strongest prospects (rookies, or whatever) there.

He has 5 assists in 19 games, playing 2nd pp unit for the most part and with the 3rd line.

Keep in mind Montréal struggles to score goals just like the devils do.

If Montréal were to re-sign Wiz and Marky, then there's really no room for him. He could be available, but maybe more in the off-season. However, Clarkson's grit would be needed in the playoffs.

Though, aside from Subban, Weber and Mac Bennett, habs are kinda short on OD too. St. Denis was a FA signing and probably a career AHLer. Though Brendon Nash looks like a nice signing.

On the other hand, if you need centre prospects, Ben Maxwell imo, is very available with a pick to make it more fair.

Eller, Leblanc and Pleks and Gomez here long term along with Desharnais and I'd say Engqvist who's pretty damn good defensively are all ahead of him.

He has 29 points in 34 games. He's also 6'1 about 200lbs.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote