View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yes, I pity you guys, because your management team is screwing your team royally, has been for a couple of years now. The danger of all of this is seeing the crowds diminish in February. Like last year, when my company was called numerous times to buy a 2 for 1 package because the arena was not full. Not a good sign.
I also live in the area and I constantly argue with my Sens fans friends about what a joke this city is in terms of supporting it's hockey team. The Sens better right the ship quickly, because I don't think they can survive long without putting a better product on the ice. The city of Ottawa is notorious for its fickle fans (although, there are some die hard Sens fans, just not many of them).

As for their on-ice product...other than Karlsson, there's no much the Sens have going for them right now. Their farm team is devoid of talent, guys like Bobby Butler acollege free agent or in other words, our version of Brock Trotter, yet in Ottawa, he's their best hope on their farm team.

This offseason i said the signing of Gonchar would blow up in their face and I was ridiculed for it, well, i guess I wasn't too far off.

It's going to take alot to rebuild the Sens, they've made alot of bad roster moves the last few years, like you said they traded guys like Heatley/Havlat and didn't receive enough in return and that will hurt them for years. It's almost reminiscent of the Habs purge of their talent in the mid-90's which killed the franchise for the next 10 years or so.

Also, gotta laugh at the sens fans who suggested the habs cupboard is bare...he must not have been watching the game tonight. I'm sorry, i'm not trying to be an ***, not that I feel bad for the Sens either, but they have no organizational depth (though they should have a few good dmen graduate over the next few years).

Their owner is delusional, their GM senile and their coach hopeless.

good luck with that Sens fans...I know some of you are thinking your lottery pick this year will solve anything, but it's going to take awhile to fix that team