View Single Post
Old
01-21-2011, 11:18 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I dont really share the same point of view, Eller is already extremmely strong, especially for a 21 years old kid, cant imagine what it will be if he gets even stronger without losing agility... He already plays a very powerful game, I dont know if you recall our last game against Buffalo where he was punished, crosschecked by Myers but still found a way to get up and keep battling, it was impressive..
I'm not saying he's not strong, just needs to get stronger...which isnt really surprising, he is only 21. But he's too often taken off the puck.

Take Pacioretty for example, you can see the difference in his game this year and last, he's much stronger on his skates this year and it's making a difference. He's playing at about 210lbs this year when last year he was under 200lbs. It makes a big difference.

Same situation with Eller, he's at about 190-195lbs right now, he needs to get that up past 200lbs at the very least, a guy like Eller who likes to control the puck, has to be stronger on his skates if he wants to play his game.

It'll come with time