View Single Post
Old
01-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Something I wish I'd known before my first half of my drinking session was all Belgians...oh well, good to know.

My first act upon returning to Missoula was to go to Worden's and get some great beer. I picked up a six pack of Bayern's Doppelbock, a six pack of Rogue's Shakespeare Stout, a 75cl Piraat (I'd never had before...Van Steenberge makes my #1 beer so I figured I'd give it a try, even if I tend to dislike hoppy brews), and a 33cl Salvator (still kills me that I'd never had one before considering every other Paulaner brew was readily available in Århus aside from the one that I really wanted to try...Doppelbocks tend to be my favorite type of beer).

I was planning on going a little more extensive today but the selection was pretty unsatisfactory compared to the norm. The money I got for Christmas is to go towards trying new beers this semester though...and it appears that I will be spending Spring Break in San Francisco so that should give me a solid chance to try some great brews, to say nothing of a trip with my roommate through Oregon. I have to get to Deschutes, Rogue, and Anchor before this semester ends. Anchor especially, since they don't market out here and I've never seen any of their beers available...I gotta see the mecca of American Microbreweries.