01-22-2011, 10:08 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Russian defenseman, prospect Mikhail Pashnin wows New York Rangers
There's enough said there for me.

Quote:
Day 2 of prospects camp at the Rangers' practice rink on Tuesday saw a little of everything from 21-year-old Mikhail Pashnin, not least of all his natural proclivity toward contact and the persistent flash of a mischievous smile. That's what the Rangers are seeing in their first up-close look at Pashnin, the 5-11, 187-pound blueliner who went at No. 200 – 11th-to-last – to the Blueshirts in the 2009 NHL draft, but No. 1 overall in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) draft of the same year.

Pashnin said he is obliged to the KHL for one more year – presumably the chief reason he fell so far in the NHL draft
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...k_rangers.html
His skills are up there, whether or not he'll play in NA is questionable, that's the only reason why he went late. Other than that, this kid can play and his style seems North American.

I know he was drafted later and gets less attention because he's Russian. But other than that, he's a nice defender with an edge and there's no reason why we should think of him any differently than Vtank and Vtank can be just as good as Sauer and Sauer can be just as good as Girardi. They're all pretty much the same kind of defender just one is a few years behind the other. McD is more like Staal then like those 4 due to skating, stick handling, passing etc. Good Job by NYR scouting to makes sure we've got a solid flow for years to come.

Pashnin gets my vote, hands down.

Last edited by vipernsx: 01-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote