View Single Post
Old
01-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
So it can be agreed, the Sens are atrocious top to bottom inside and out so lets see if we can suggest a few moves.

1. Put in a claim for Nabokov- He wants to be a starter and that can be easily done paying in Ottawa for the rest of this season.

2. Sign in the off-season either Vokoun or Nabokov to a three or four year deal.

3. Trades
a) Fisher to Nashville for Austin Watson and a 3rd round pick in 2011
b) Spezza to Edmonton for Hemsky and Cogliano
c) Phillips to SJ for Setoguchi
4) Kuba to LA for a 3rd round pick in 2011
5) Kovalev and Lee to the NYR for McDonaugh and a 4th round pick in 2011
6) Ruutu to Pittsburgh for a 4th round pick in 2011
7) Leclaire to Carolina for a 3rd round pick in 2011

4. Fire Murray at seasons end(immediately after final game)

5. Fire Clouston(same day as Murray) replace with a legit NHL coach who has legit NHL experience

6. Draft RNH or Coutierre with lottery pick

7. Sign Brad Richards(if at all posisble) as a UFA to replace Spezza

8. Sign 1-2 more UFA cheap forwards on 1-2 year deals only in the summer of 2011

9. Sign 1-2 cheap UFA dmen on 1-2 year deals in the summer of 2011

10. Admit to fanbase you have a plan, a 2-3 year partial rebuild with another lottery pick most likely in 2012

11. Take a Colorado/Dallas/Tampa approach to rebuilding
The Senators are NOT signing Nabokov to a 3-4 year contract! Your Red Wings can do that if they want a backup for Howard but enjoy having him until 38-39 with absolutely no way of him coming off your books.

I'd love Vokoun but two years would be ideal. That said, I don't think he's going to join this train wreck at season's end.

Spezza isn't going to be traded. We land McDonaugh in a Kovalev trade? Count me in. Unfortunately, Sather doesn't become foolish until July 1st. Leclaire can be had for much less but doesn't Carolina also have Peters who is quite capable? I'd prefer if the Senators were to land a 2nd + prospect for Phillips but if that weren't possible, I'd say yes to the Seto deal.

Murray will not be fired. He will either retire, resign, or be promoted to upper management in some advisory role. Clouston will be let go, yes.

Landeskog is the top focus for Ottawa I believe. Second choice would be RNH. Third would be Strome.

Overpay for Richards? No thank you. We will still have Spezza. Ottawa should work to develop a young center from within the organization (easier said than done, yes).

Ottawa would be wise to sign some veteran UFAs to one-year deals and then trade them as rentals to contenders at next year's deadline.

If things were to go roughly along those lines, it would be apparent what the game plan was in Ottawa.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote