Fixing the Sens
View Single Post
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dieppe, NB
Originally Posted by
So it can be agreed, the Sens are atrocious top to bottom inside and out so lets see if we can suggest a few moves.
1. Put in a claim for Nabokov- He wants to be a starter and that can be easily done paying in Ottawa for the rest of this season.
2. Sign in the off-season either Vokoun or Nabokov to a three or four year deal.
a) Fisher to Nashville for Austin Watson and a 3rd round pick in 2011
b) Spezza to Edmonton for Hemsky and Cogliano
c) Phillips to SJ for Setoguchi
4) Kuba to LA for a 3rd round pick in 2011
5) Kovalev and Lee to the NYR for McDonaugh and a 4th round pick in 2011
6) Ruutu to Pittsburgh for a 4th round pick in 2011
7) Leclaire to Carolina for a 3rd round pick in 2011
4. Fire Murray at seasons end(immediately after final game)
5. Fire Clouston(same day as Murray) replace with a legit NHL coach who has legit NHL experience
6. Draft RNH or Coutierre with lottery pick
7. Sign Brad Richards(if at all posisble) as a UFA to replace Spezza
8. Sign 1-2 more UFA cheap forwards on 1-2 year deals only in the summer of 2011
9. Sign 1-2 cheap UFA dmen on 1-2 year deals in the summer of 2011
10. Admit to fanbase you have a plan, a 2-3 year partial rebuild with another lottery pick most likely in 2012
11. Take a Colorado/Dallas/Tampa approach to rebuilding
1. Yes, claim Nabby...uhh NO. We don't want to get better THIS year, do we?
2. Why would Vokoun want to sign here. And no long-term deals for OLDer goalies.
3. a) Would like the return from Nashville for Fisher, but would the Preds do that???
b) Spezza isn't going anywhere
c) I'd take a chance on Seto...and then resign Phillips for a couple of years.
d) Kuba for a 3rd would be fine by me
e) I don't think Sather likes Murray much...I wouldn't mind getting McDo, and maybe the Rags could use Kovalev
f) Ruutu to anybody for a 4th...but the Pens don't need him
g) Who are we kidding...nobody in their right mind would want Leclaire...he'll be playing in Europe, if he's lucky, next year.
4. Fire Murray today. Hire new GM who can evaluate whether he wants Clouston around for the rebuild.
5. Clouston??? Wait 'til season's end. That said, both a GM and coach with a great track record, and proven NHL experience would be nice.
6. Draft the best player available, regardless of position.
7. Forget Richards...were looking for young and affordable players
8. Play the rookies, they are our future.
9. See 8.
10. Admit to fanbase you have a plan, a 2-3 year partial rebuild with another lottery pick most likely in 2012....AGREED.
11. Save cap space and re-build like Edmonton.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by YZ77