Old
01-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Done. Solid trade for both teams IMO.

Rundblad has 30P in 39GP in the SEL as a defenseman. That's unheard of. I firmly believe he can be a #1 defenseman, His coach thinks so too.

Johansen was awsome in the WJC and has #1 center potential. Exactly what we need. He's a future Spezza if he reaches his full potential.

Fits both teams needs (Rundblad would be your best d prospect by far) and besides draft positions, which hardly mean ****. It's completely fair.

No, no it doesn't make sense!

Like I said, explain to me why Howson passed on Fowler for Johansen, and THEN tried to get back into the mix to draft Fowler? Howson knew Fowler's upside because he hired the Spitfires head coach Bob Boughner before the draft and had been extensively scouting Fowler.

The only answer is because Howson values Johansen over a #1 D prospect. It's irrelevant what "some" CBJ fans think. Howson asked for Eberle straight up for Johansen. Do you think Anaheim would trade Fowler straight up for Rundblad? Do you think the Oilers would trade Eberle straight up for Rundblad?

No.

We're happy with our current defensive prospects and, if we REALLY need a top tier defensive prospect, we can easily draft one in the upcoming draft.

The real value of Rundblad would be Filatov straight up, and even then I doubt Howson wants to move him. Howson's sticking to the core he created of Brassard, Voracek, Johansen, Filatov, Moore, and Mason. This trade is extremely unrealistic because I know, and you SHOULD know, that the Jackets GM would never do it.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote