Thread: Proposal: Nyi-edm
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
I honestly don't think this is too bad. Some tweaking but it's risk reward for boths teams really. would have to add something; pick/a goalie prospect from Edmonton to help out the Isles such as Dubnyk or Olivier, buit this would give Edmonton a legit shutdown D who's young and could build with our core. Perhaps move Smid in a seperrate deal as Peckham, Smid, Hamonic would be redundant.

NYI get to dump Dipietro's contract and get back servicable PMD d-man and either a speedy player who could use a change of scenery or a gritty bottom 6 guy who would likely inject some energy into tthe bottom 6. Would probably need a little more coming back to part with Hamonic but might be doable...maybe Edmonton's 2nd instead of another goalie prospect for the Isles? Also I'd say drop the 3rd round as NYI move more youth to move salary or replace Gilbert with Smid/Peckham (better d-men).

Very good base for a trade IMO but neither team would pull the trigger as it's too much $ with DP for the term and ISles won't want to part with youth given they're rebuilding as well.

Isles will wait until DiPi either puts his injuries behind him or until he retires.Unfortunately,I'm thinking it's gonna end with a retirement.

Then we'll see how much the team pays and how much insurance pays.

No interest in moving De Haan,Hamonic or Cizikas for picks who are probably yrs from contributing.Hamonics already on the isles roster.De Haan will be either in Bridgeport or LI next yr.Cizikas could be in Bridgeport, as early as next season.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote