Thread: Value of: Seguin to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2011, 01:53 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post

Yeah, that all-star defenseman at 20 on pace for 50 points is worth less than a Center drafted 2nd overall who's 4th in depth on the team.

Do people even listen to themselves? Is draft status all that matters? I wouldn't trade Karlsson for Seguin + Toronto's 2011 1st. I'm not saying that Karlsson is *worth* Seguin + Toronto's 2011 first, but Karlsson has established he's a #1 defenseman. Now. Today.

He could be lights out good. There's absolutely no reason to give him up for someone who is more potential and less certain. If you want to include him as a package thing in a deal for Doughty or a proven first line player, fine.

Other then that, he stays in a Sens uniform.

What matters most is that the Bruins don't want to trade him. If someone made a proposal for Karlsson it should be the same thing.

It has less to do with Seguin's actual value than it does the fact that he is already on the team and they have long term plans for him.

Why would the Sens trade Karlsson? Especially when it just creates another hole on the team that would have to be filled.

Boston is in the position where Seguin doesn't play a big role on the team yet and they are bringing him along slowly so I think that is why there are proposals for him.

With the amount of good forward prospects the Bruins have and the amount of quality centers the Bruins have on the team right now I can see them trading a center and I see why Seguin would be the most desirable center from another team's point of view, BUT, I can also see that the Bruins really like this kid and he is in their plans for the long haul.

I could see a trade being made that would include one or both of David Krejci or Joe Colborne, but Seguin has such high potential that I think it would be much wiser to keep him and move someone else and I have hunch the Bruins management has similar feelings.

I'm not saying that the Sens should trade Karlsson for those guys either, just that I think they are much more likely to be traded.

I think the Sens should hold onto Karlsson unles they get a deal they just can't refuse, similar to what the Bruins should do with Seguin.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote