View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 01:27 AM
vancityluongo

vCash: 500
All five of the picks from rounds 6 to 10? I'd absolutely veto that then. I was under the impression that the trade was:

1, 21/22

for

6, 10

But if it's 5 picks going each way like I understand it to be now, absolutely no way. That's an incredible advantage to the team giving up the first rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
VCL, based on your numbers, I'd be inclined to veto too, but for the OPPOSITE reason. 200 picks from the first round is huge value, likely a lot more than 500 later.
Interesting. I'd personally take two second liners over a franchise guy and a scrub...even more so if we're talking about an entire second line and a second pairing on D vs. a franchise player and four scrubs. That's ridiculous value going to a team that will be able to build 3 lines of top-6 calibre forwards along with 3 pairings of top-4 defenseman at the cost of a top-20 player.

Let me put it this way:

One team receives (insert top-20 player of choice here) and Darrell Powe, Blair Betts, Daniel Carcillo, and Sean O'Donnell. The fourth line guys/bottom pairing defenseman for the best team in the league. In exchange for that, you receive:

Alex Burrows, Mikael Samuelsson, Mason Raymond, Dan Hamhuis and Kevin Bieksa. (despite the ten billion Nucks fans in this draft, no one is drafting them)

Using my lame analogy to relate to current players, I know what package I'm taking. I don't care if it's the guy that'll get taken first overall, relative to the ATD, I take the 5 middle round guys everytime. (sorry for all the modern day name dropping)

Edit: I somehow missed his post...but as far as I'm understanding him, it seems like VanI and I are in agreement.

Last edited by vancityluongo: 01-23-2011 at 01:58 AM.
vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote