View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
This is why I am continually amazed by the never ending threads clamoring after any 30+ player on the downside of his career.

We don't need a "veteran defenseman" who wasn't good enough to stick with any other team.

We don't need this older version of Brad Richards looking for a retirement contract that will be an astronomical cap hit for declining production long into the future.

We don't need a 33 year old Iginla in exchange for top level prospects.

For the first time perhaps ever, the Rangers have a solid pipeline of players who can contribute. Let's not **** that up by reverting to the worn out Rangers formula of bringing in faded superstars...

And by the way, the Islanders don't suck because they don't have vets, they suck b/c the young players werent good enough (though I think they've turned the corner).
I tend to agree although the way I look at it isn't that this team, when healthy, is a real contender/force... they just haven't dipped that much due to all the injuries. Various players have stepped up to SUSTAIN this teams level... getting guys back won't vastly IMPROVE the team.

That being said, the key to this team becoming a force is really about Gabby... becoming a consitent force... if he can get going I'd be more confident for sure.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote