View Single Post
Old
07-06-2005, 10:55 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. I just have a feeling that Clarke is going to try to make this move for a few reasons. First of all, the kid is a local product (He's from Cherry Hill, NJ). Second, Bobby Clarke is close friends with his family. Now, just given those two reasons, I still don't think Clarke goes out of his way to do the deal. BUT, Ryan is also a "Flyers type of player". He is big forward who can score. We all know Clarke LOVES those types of players. He's also a right winger, which is the only position that we don't already have a potential star player. You could make the argument that Ruzicka has top 6 potential, (he certainly has the goal-scoring ability), but it remains to be seen whether or not he can put it all together. Personally, I love Ruzicka. But I also think Ryan has a bigger upside. So, having said that, if Clarke is going to make this deal (which I would say there is at least a 60 to 70 percent chance that he does), what could you live with?
Just because Clarke really likes the guy doesn't mean that he's going to grossly overpay. Clarkie is a good GM and he won't go overboard. Other teams know the close ties that the team has with Ryan and don't think that they won't jack up the price. If we have a top 15 pick and Ryan falls to 4 or 5, then I say try to make a deal, but otherwise, I'd take what I could get.