View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 12:43 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Agreed, Weiss has been a consistent soloid player who wants to be here, has a fair contract, and is still young. He is a second line center playing agains the other team's top dmen. Get a real number one and keep him at two. no way you trade Weiss unless you get a stud number one center and the other team insists on Weiss as part of the deal. For picks, it would be insulting to fans.
Getting a number #1 center is easier said than done. It's no piece of cake. You go the supermarket to buy a lemon, you return with two melons. I could spout several more wonderful phrases.

Weiss is an attractive asset to teams, but by no means does he represent this asset that would in return acquire us this magical package. I think people overstate what Weiss is ; a solid Top 6 player who will be 28 in 3 months. News flash, 28 isn't young.

By the way, GP ; 5 years away? What on earth are you smoking? You do realize weed is a young mans drug. Go home and pop some sleeping pills old man. It is entirely debatable if we ever make the playoffs again, but the time line for this rebuild is 2-3 years. Colorado turned it around quickly. Chicago after years of what we went through did one in 2 years. Washingtons took 3. Not to sure on LA (it felt like a never ending stockpiling of elite prospects!). 3 1st round picks in 2010, likely a numerical comparative in 2011 and maybe 2012 on top of the existing farm system. I'd assume Tallon wants to be in the playoff mix within 2-3 years MAX. Whether he can actually accomplish it is something else altogether.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote