View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Burmistrov is a Russian. We have no interest in Russians. Murray will never deal for one, and frankly, unless the name is Alexander Ovechkin I have no desire to have them on the team. The declining numbers of Russians in the NHL speak to this.

Further, even if he WASNT a Russian, the former what, 8th overall pick? + 1st Round Pick is not nearly enough to justify losing a number one center. Then we become like the Oilers and Flames for the last 15 years, searching for a #1C. Everyone forgets how fortunate we are to actually have a #1C that they're willing to trade away Spezza.

Is he perfect? No. Is he the best we have? Yes. Has he matured? Yes. Is he beginning to show signs of a 2 way game? Yes.

I think Spezza's last 10 years of his career (30-40) will mirror Steve Yzerman's last 10 years, with the transition from scoring centre to just below PPG reliable in all zones, and potential championship winning.
Burmistrov has a great attitude, is clearly committed to the NHL, and plays hard. Generalizing based on nationality is just absurd. Do you think I am like you whatsoever in my abilities and values? No. Nationality doesn't trap someone into a way of being. Sure, its an influence, but look at Volch. He'd be considered an outlier even if he was Canadian.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote