View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
I don't understand what the rush to trade or quit on Gaborik is. The guy was 5th in goals last season and 10th in pts. This season he has been hurt and, despite missing 15 games, he is still 2nd on the team in scoring. Maybe he is a little too under the microscope in here. He scores 4 goals and 5 pts against the Leafs, and people complain he only scores against weak teams? There are few players in the league who can score 4 goals against ANY team. Gaborik's last 5 seasons, including this one, he is 1.09 ppg and .56 gpg. To be surrounded by little to no top-end support talent, and still be one of the top scoring snipers at .56 goals per game, you are not going to replace that very easily.
I don't think anyone is in a rush. We all just have different opinions on what we'd accept to move him. LA isn't in a rush to offer Brown + Schenn; an offer many posters have stated would be either must-take or highly tempting. I certainly agree that Brown + a pick is not enough for Gaborik IMO. But if "the right offer" came along, Gaborik isn't really untouchable, except to a few posters. I think anyone turning down Doughty for Gaborik for example would be crazy. However rare 40 goal scorers like Gaborik are, elite defensemen like Doughty are even more rare. That should be a no-brainer. What is your "right offer" for Gaborik. Actually, to make things more interesting, what is an offer that would tempt you 50/50 into accepting. No-brainer deals aren't any fun to discuss.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote