Fixing the Sens
View Single Post
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
fear the grier
Join Date: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by
So it can be agreed, the Sens are atrocious top to bottom inside and out so lets see if we can suggest a few moves.
1. Put in a claim for Nabokov- He wants to be a starter and that can be easily done paying in Ottawa for the rest of this season.
2. Sign in the off-season either Vokoun or Nabokov to a three or four year deal.
a) Fisher to Nashville for Austin Watson and a 3rd round pick in 2011
b) Spezza to Edmonton for Hemsky and Cogliano
c) Phillips to SJ for Setoguchi
4) Kuba to LA for a 3rd round pick in 2011
5) Kovalev and Lee to the NYR for McDonaugh and a 4th round pick in 2011
6) Ruutu to Pittsburgh for a 4th round pick in 2011
7) Leclaire to Carolina for a 3rd round pick in 2011
4. Fire Murray at seasons end(immediately after final game)
5. Fire Clouston(same day as Murray) replace with a legit NHL coach who has legit NHL experience
6. Draft RNH or Coutierre with lottery pick
7. Sign Brad Richards(if at all posisble) as a UFA to replace Spezza
8. Sign 1-2 more UFA cheap forwards on 1-2 year deals only in the summer of 2011
9. Sign 1-2 cheap UFA dmen on 1-2 year deals in the summer of 2011
10. Admit to fanbase you have a plan, a 2-3 year partial rebuild with another lottery pick most likely in 2012
11. Take a Colorado/Dallas/Tampa approach to rebuilding
1. Nabokov wants to help a team in the playoffs, thus his not going to NYI..he's not going to OTT
2. Nabokov isn't signing on to be part of a rebuild, and I don't think Vokoun will either
3a. If Fisher gets moved hes worth more than a 3rd round pick regardless of who the prospect is who comes with it
b. I don't see Spezza getting moved, especially for that package. Cogs is a 3rd line player for a bad team now, and Spezza is much better than Hemsky. Why would Ottawa want to move probably their best offense player for another bottom 6 forward and downgrade in terms of Spezza to Hemsky
c. SJ doesn't move Setoguchi.
d. LA wouldnt take Kuba, they need to puck the puck in the net more they dont need another D...but Kuba could be moved somewhere for a pick
e. I dont see NYR taking another forward who plays when he wants, and I dont think that works out in terms of cap space for NYR. Not to mention you'd want to get higher than a 4th coming back to OTT
f. Don't think Pittsburgh needs Ruutu, but he could go elsewhere
g. I don't know if LeClaire is worth a 3rd
4/5. I agree with getting rid of Murray and Clouston, but if you're going with a total rebuild why not bring in a young coach with some energy to bring up a young team. What veteran coach who's been successful with young clubs did you have in mind? I can't think of any that are available.
6. Keep losing and you'll get one of them
7. Richards isnt signing long term for a rebuild that would last 2-4 years.
8/9. Signing a few forwards and d for a rebuild is tricky. They have to be solid enough players on and off the ice to show young players how to go about daily life in the NHL. You'd probably have to overpay to sell the rebuild, like COL did with Darcy Tucker and TB did with Malone
10/11. Once the fans see moves being made theyll figure out the team is in a rebuild unless theyre dumb. And if you want to take a COL/DAL/TB approach you build down the middle
fear the grier
View Public Profile
fear the grier's albums
Find More Posts by fear the grier