View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
For me, this team will most likely be ready to compete regularly for The Cup in 3-4 years. By that time Gaborik will be 32 and possibly in his final year of his contract. If a team offered a player like Schenn + who I ranked as a top-5 prospect in the entire league, for a player who I think may not be a part of my organizations run in 3-4 years then I make the move and start to develop my team.

Simmonds is having a poor offensive season, so is his team. Dubinsky had a poor offensive season as well. He seems to have done alright for himself. He will be a 50-60 point power forward in the NHL.
Why cant this team compete right now or even next year as a threat in the playoffs? When fully healthy the only teams that really would be troublesome for them are the Flyers and Penguins. Everyone else has their flaws. The Rangers, when healthy, would have one of the deepest teams in the league. Maybe they wont have multiple elite forwards like gaborik but they'll have enough depth to outwork opposing teams which is what it comes down to in the playoffs.

You can rank Schenn in the Top 5. Some might not give him that. I'm not saying he's a bad player or that he wont hit his potential. But we have a proven elite goal scorer. We have him while our team can compete for something more than just a playoff spot. This team has earned that respect from us fans, at least they should have by now with how hard they play. You dont deal gaborik for a kid who is simply one of the best prospects in the league but has yet to do anything at this level. He isnt Hall or Seguin. He is not on stamkos' level when he had first broken into the league. He is just a very good prospect. The organization has progressed so much over the past couple years. I dont think this is the time to take steps back.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote