Thread: Proposal: Calgary - Boston
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Lord Ahriman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Bourque actually has a very good contract. If he played with Savard, he is easily a 30 goal + guy, and he is signed to a very modest contract thru his prime years of his career. You have to realize he was been playing with Matt Stajan, so his numbers have been down recently. But even when he was playing with Jokinen at the start of the season, he was our best forward out of the gate.

Would Boston think this trade would be more fair say if Calgary added Greg Nemisz?
Not in my eyes. He never hit 30 goals, already is in his prime (remember, he has 29 years) and signed for 6 years. Would be much better for us, try to sign a guy like Semin, if he reaches UFA market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The way I see it is like this.

Bourque = Wheeler & Colborne
Regehr = Krejci

Now Krejci does have slightly higher value than Regher, but their respective values are close. That is why I suggested possibly Calgary adds Nemisz. I think for Boston to keep pace or match up against a team like Philly, adding a player the caliber of Bourque would go a long way for them. Also, again Regehr would add a huge element of toughness to the B's. Regehr has the ability to physically take opponents out of a game. Don't believe me, go on youtube and type in Regehr hits Hemsky lol.
Boston wouldn't trade Krejci for Regehr and Bourque for Wheeler + top prospect, I pass.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote