View Single Post
Old
01-23-2011, 11:22 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Think the way to look at the Rangers center situation is that none of Stepan, Anisimov or Boyle are completely developed players and that in time they could--in some (if not in all) cases should be much more than they are right now. The question then becomes is any one of them a legit future 1st line center?--and Stepan IMO seems to be a very good candidate for that. Boyle IMO fits into a Bobby Holik/Joel Otto kind of role--keeping in mind this season he's showing a real goal scoring instinct beyond what a Holik or Otto ever showed and that he's even a larger--potentially more physically imposing player than either Otto or Holik. Anisimov at this point is more of a question mark but if we're setting are sights on him being a very good 2nd line center I think that is a very realistic projection.

At this point in time I'm not for moving any of them and projecting just a little bit into the future I don't see where moving any of them is going to fill some absolute need apart from a puck moving defenseman which should be covered by Del Zotto for the forseeable future anyway. My own opinion of Del Zotto is he has the goods--at the moment he needs to work on his defense and get his confidence back. So why move Anisimov or Boyle for some quick fix?--when we can do the quick fix by being more selective with the UFA process. Take care of our own players first and make additions later.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote