Thread: Rumor: Eklund: Rangers-Canucks
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2011, 02:01 PM
NYR94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
With all the Rangers' injuries and scoring problems I don't know what forward they'd trade that would bring back a forward and a defenseman, especially a name like Bieksa.

One thing I noticed looking over Vancouver's stats the other day is that Keith Ballard's average time on ice is down almost 7 minutes from his usual career average. I don't know if he's had injury problems or an off year or he's just lower on the depth chart because he's on a much better team than Phoenix or Florida, but he's playing about 15 minutes a game as opposed to 22. But this is not enough to make me think he's available. I always thought Gillis made those moves this offseason to significantly upgrade his depth on defense, so I don't think he'll undo it now by moving one of them. That Vancouver defense corps is much improved. The one thing I could think of is maybe his salary is prohibiting them from doing something else so they're entertaining the thought of moving it?

Without following Vancouver much this year I'd say Ballard probably just ended up being the one very solid defenseman they're forced to put on the third pair. Someone has to play there. And Bieksa from what I've heard has been very good this year so I doubt they're moving him. At least not for what the Rangers could offer.

If I had to guess I'd wager that the defensemen in this rumor could be names like Alberts or Rome. Is Ryan Parent's back healthy?

I don't know who the forward could be. Maybe Raymond.

NYR94 is online now   Reply With Quote