View Single Post
Old
01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Simmonds isn't known for his scoring though. Simmonds is highly valued by many because he does everything, is a great teammate (I've heard), and plays every game like his last. That fits in perfectly with this Rangers team.

And I wouldn't trust Schenn. People weren't talking about him quite this much until he went Wayne Gretzky on the World Juniors. It's only one tournament, let's not jump the gun. I'm not saying Schenn wasn't already a good prospect, but that one tournament seems to have doubled his stock, which is a little much.
Schenn was still a on-the-radar prospect. He did go #5 overall just after Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, and Evander Kane. None of which are point-per-game players yet. I don't see why Schenn would be thought to be better than that group. Maybe more potential? But then again, people think Kreider (14 spots after Schenn) is gonna be a real hoot of a player so the draft position may have very little to do with it. Anyways, my original point was he had a lot of hype prior to WJCs but the WJCs did make him stand out. It also makes LA fans think he is going to be a lock as an All-Star Olympic forward which seems bananas to me.

for me, if you want Gaborik, I'll need to see 2 out of 3 as the core of what LA offers:
Brown, Schenn, Johnson.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote