Thread: Value of: Jarret Stoll to Chicago
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Somewhat true but it does free up cap space for next summer if LA needs to outbid for players like Semin and/or Richards. The fact Stoll/Kopitar sometimes play the point is more a coaching thing IMO. Doughty and Johnson should ALWAYS be on the 1st PP unit. Next year maybe Voynov or Hickey picks up minutes or LA uses the cap room to grab a Markov/Kaberle/Jovo type who can play. Mitchell is only signed until the end of 2011-12 and LA will probably be looking to add another top 4dman to go with JJ,DD and Scuderi.

I only see LA moving Stoll for picks or prospcets if they are 8-10 points out of the playoffs at the deadline. Plus Stoll loves LA and chances are he could be interested in returning as an UFA in 2012. Its just good asset management.
You seem to know LA better then I do so I'll agree with you although Stoll has always played the point even in Edm - minor point, doesn't change anything. I could see Stoll being moved in the offseason to free up cap space, but during the season unless it's an upgrade, it would be unlikely IMO.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote