View Single Post
Old
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I don't know. Last year of his contract maybe they'd like to get value for him if he isn't going to resign. As far as what would we send back, I don't know there either. Klesla and something else, I don't know. It's not realistic to think we are going to trade for him regardless.
Also, perhaps they don't want to make the same mistake that the Panthers made. Bouwmeester was in demand up to the deadline. But with the Panthers in the playoff race, they decided to keep him, even if he wasn't going to re sign with them. In the end, they tanked and missed the playoff and basically got nothing for him(Well they got a super late round draft pick for his rights before July 1st from Calgary I think).

As for the Vandermeer talk. No thanks, don't know why Columbus would want him. I'm still predicting Foster to Columbus though. Won't cost the Jackets that much. He has a extra year in his contract though for $2million ish or so. Could help bring offense from the back end. I would offer Stralman+pick for him. Stralman can finish off his year in Edmonton and if the Oilers don't want him, they can choose not to qualify him and let him become a UFA. Oilers free up cap for next year, have a extra roster spot and pick up a draft pick. Or would you guys rather keep Stralman and the pick over Foster. Blue Jackets can then let Stralman become a UFA.