View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrooks
Most of the lethargy is lead by the media here. You have Bob Macmanaman blasting Sean Burke along with Dan Bickley yesterday and Bob Francis today. People read this and join on the bandwagon
I may have missed it, but where was McManaman or Bickley blasting Burke? I read the Bickley article but all I remember was him saying was what a great job Burke was doing exhibiting his leadership abilities even though he knew it was quite likely he might be dealt at some point. Do you have a link to the McManaman article blasting Burke?

I did see the Francis article & that was a pretty horrible job of jounalism. Maybe he wants to be the next Pedro Gomez. Apparently his instigative reporting got him a sideline reporting job on NFL telecasts.

As for the optimism, I've spread as much as possible, I think people prefer to be negative & short-sighted. Regardless of what they do this year, I am ecstatic about what this team is going to look like in a couple of years. Maybe not enough of these posters are old enough to have experienced just how bad it was when Bobby Smith (Ugh) was in charge & 'future' was not even part of the Coyote venacular.