Old
01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
No offense taken!

Basically it covers corporate marketing and communications (PR) and/or media (TV, radio, print). I was a writer for a daily newspaper at one time, and now work as a communications coordinator for an association.

Basically I act as the liaison between my company and the media as a spokesperson; write, edit, design page layout and take photographs for weekly newsletters and our quarterly magazine; and promote the industry at public speaking engagements in city high schools and that sort of thing.
you can also do lobbying? This town is swarming with lobbyists, seems like every-other person I meet is a lobbyist these days. To be honest it's not a tremendously great market for public relations at the moment. I'm sincerely not trying to be discouraging; as the Chair of the Coyotes Welcoming our Brothers from the North Committee (CWBNC) I can openly say we would love to have you here. Weather is great, Golf, Cheep housing, great hockey and (if this is your sort of thing) the ladies are rather pleasant and wholesome individuals .

Let me look into a few things here and maybe I can give you some leads in the PR industry down here, don't hold your breath - I can't promise anything, but let me look and see IF there is anything I can dig up. Just my perception is its generally not an industry looking to expand at the moment.