View Single Post
Old
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Well, to be frank, I don't think any of 'em are ready, which is why I responded in that fashion.
Problem is that you and don't have the information, nor are qualified, to make that assessment. We can think anything we want. However, I am quite aware that they have a lot of information that I don't have when making these decisions.

We can think they are ready or not, but it's just us talking from a place of ignorance. I'm ignorant to how close Moore is, so I'm going to trust our development staff to tell me when they think he is ready.

Quote:
And you have a point with Calvert. I frankly don't like the blanket suggestion of "throw them in the NHL bonfire and see if they do amazing things." Then again, the idea of "don't let 'em even glance at the NHL until they've done hard time in the AHL, ever, always, period" has its own issues.
You have to have some basis of belief they are ready. That's what our development staff is there for. If they believe that Moore is ready, for example. Then keeping him down to play it safe is defensive development. I'm as opposed to that approach as carving out a spot for your newly drafted 1st round pick in June.

Now at some point, hopefully, we'll be a position that when a guy like Filatov is brought up in a bottom six role, after 3 or 4 years of development, and we don't all flip out. We'll have the depth, we'll be a Cup contender, and we'll understand he has to beat someone out for that top six job. I look forward to that day. Hopefully it will be before 2020....

Last edited by blahblah: 01-25-2011 at 01:19 PM.