Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Ebbett called up
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

vCash: 500
Well, I might be crazy but I think we could pry Spezza or Lacavalier. Yes it would be a big cash and cap commitment but I don't see anyone close to being NHL ready save Turris at the center spot that could be a 1 or 2 scoring center. Ottawa looks ready to rebuild and Tampa needs defensive help along with cap relief getting ready for the ginormous contract Stamkos will sign. If we are smart with how we structure the young guys' increases, we could take on one of those contracts and still retain some flexibility. I think we are in a unique spot cap-wise because of our ownership situation. Spezza or Lacavalier would be that big, steady #1 we've been needing for years. Spezza is younger but I still think Vinny is the better player and fit. If not those guys maybe Fisher from Ottawa? Weiss from Florida if they decide to mail it in?

As far as the young guys, Turris needs to get consistent minutes (15-20). I don't get what the coach is doing with him. He has a great game and get scrated or less minutes the next. What's up with that? The other guy is MacLean. We have one guy that goes to the net consistently and it's MacLean. The guy looked great in his short time up. He sure as hell didn't look slow or bad defensively. There's no doubt in my mind going to the net like he does would quickly get contageous. Boeds looks eratic and unsure. I'd rather see Mac over him if it was a choice between the two. Here's what I want:

Upshall New #1 Doan
Mac Turris Stemp
Whiz Hanzal Virbata
Pyat Fiddler/Belanger Korpi

I believe a #1 center between Doan and Upshall could really make that line go. Turris with a shooter and guy that goes to the net would definitely generate chances at least. Hanzal does what he does and the 4th line has speed, size, grit and faceoff winning. You could flip Stem and Korpi or Doan and Whiz to change things up too. I see a lot mroe offensive pressure with that lineup if Tippett gives the Turris line real minutes.

That's a long post but there you go.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote