Thread: Detroit 2-9-11
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2011, 07:20 PM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Anyone else making the trip? 3 of us are heading up.
My mom still lives in the Detroit area. Daughter and I go up every year and take her to a Wings/Preds game. I think we're about even on win/loss over time, and so far the fans have always been reasonably friendly - unlike Chicago! Feb 9 is the game this year. I met Sully's aunt in the bathroom one year. . .she started the conversation with "nice sweater!" We were just about the only people in mustard. The percentage of Preds fans has increased, but not by much. So you're very much in the minority. OTOH it's a whole lot easier to get tickets than it used to be.

Several years ago (2007 maybe?) there were growl towels on all the seats when we arrived. I folded mine, as did my daughter, and we asked my mom if she'd like to put them in her bag to take home. I think the conversation went something like, "You don't want to waive your towel?" "Um. . .no, Mom, I don't think I'm going to want to waive my towel." "Why not?. . . Oh. Right." She always wears her autographed Zetterberg jersey (that my dear hubby bought for her at the Preds silent auction table). She has learned not to call me and gloat when the Wings win. . .and I don't call her when the Preds win.

sighthndlady is online now   Reply With Quote