3min 5 on 3 sinks Habs
View Single Post
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Originally Posted by
I've been thinking this since their game against the Sens and tonight confirmed it imo,
Flyers being a tough team is a MYTH...
- anyone who watched their game against the Sens now know Giroux and Hartnell fight like little girls - and Shelley isnt a great fighter either , and while you dont need to fight to be tough, knowing the former two cant fight means they dont intimidate anyone, not even the dwarven Habs.
- we saw Carcillo not having much interest in fighting White
- not much in fighting Subban either (who looked ready IMO)
- we too saw Hartnell hide behind teammates after his penalty in the 3rd
- we also saw Meszaros making sure to keep his gloves when Paxx dropped his
- we also saw a pretty quiet Pronger with Gill on the ice (Pouliot/Pronger penalties)
- speaking of quietness, not much was happening when Moen and White were on the Ice, the two may not have been uber physical, but the same could be said of their opponents.
I've been saying the bolded all year. They are not a tough team, they are a skilled team with 1st line talent on three lines. That's enough to kill every team especially when you couple that with the fact they have two 50+ pts defensemen.
Flyers may be a dirty team, but they are not a tough team. They are very well-coached and are a classic Laviolette team. You just need to look at them under Stevens and now under Laviolette to see the transformation they've gone under. Carolina played the same way. His system is an up tempo one which dictates the play.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Andy