Thread: Proposal: filatov - voynov
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
even with the kings he had a 58-point season and 67-point season, i can't imagine voynov approaching those numbers. voynov might be a little steadier defensively but i don't think he has as much speed or skill.

i just don't see any GM turning down a filatov for voynov proposal, although you and i are actually in agreement there.

some of the stuff above, no offense fellas, but no he will not be dealt for a third-round pick or second-tier prospect and voynov is a second-tier prospect.

i've seen a fair amount of filatov and i talked to a number of people in columbus (journalists, teammates, coaches) early in the year. he is still developing physically and finding his way on the ice but again he is 20 years old. it's funny to me that some would write him off and in nearly the same breath aver that hickey would be a trade piece. i am pulling for hickey personally but at this point i think the kings have to ride him out; no teams are flooding their phone lines for him (yes, that is a euphemism).