View Single Post
Old
01-26-2011, 03:58 PM
scramble91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Much like Brown was on his line last year without Williams? Hes on nearly the same exact pace he was last year having Williams on his line this year. His 82 game pace last year was 52 pts, this year its 51.

Hes one of the better defensively responsible players on the Kings and his playmaking abilities arent that bad. Look at some of the names around him last year. Krejci, Bergeron, Jokinen, Koivu, Duchene. All considered 2nd line guys and all have similar assists numbers to Stoll.
Well that number is skewed, due to Stoll being on the no 1 pp unit last year. Close to 50% of his points were on the PP. Now this year, that % is down because he had the luxury of playing with a decent playmaker during even Str times. Another telling story, is the production of Brown playing with playmaker this year. His PPG is up so far this year (he is slumping after the line shuffles).

Like i said, he does a good job on the 2nd line, but if we are to be real contenders, i feel we need a more all around center on that line (unless we resign JW) or put a playmaker like Lokti (once he reaches his potential) with him.

I know statistically he fares even amongst the 2nd liners in the league, but realistically, where would he play on Detroit, Vancouver, Pitt, Philly, SJ, Boston, Dallas, etc? He wouldnt make the top 6 for many contenders in my opinion.