Thread: PGT: 3min 5 on 3 sinks Habs
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
I agree with most of what you said. What i saw was the habs getting outworked, by a bigger team and the size helps win those puck battles behind the net and on the boards. The habs would benefit from some guys with size and skill. Granted they aren't easy to find, but you gotta draft those guys and or sign them. Once the signed the midget line, most habs fans weren't overly pleased IMO and almost all my friends here obviously are habs fans. I don't want to sound disrespectful, but i respect your opinion.
Laviolette said after the first that the Flyers were lucky to have out of the first with a 2-0 lead because they were outworked along the boards until the two penalties. I didn't size to be a problem until then. Montreal killed themselves yesterday as opposed to being killed.

And yes, they would benefit with more size, as would any team, but the fact remains: they didn't lose because a lack of size yesterday, they lost because of a lack of discipline and an outcoaching by Laviolette. Not to be mean, but I just don't we lost because the Flyers were bigger. You guys weren't even playing a banging game yesterday, you were passing the puck with incredible accuracy and were having successful after successful rushes. Flyers won with skill yesterday as they do with most teams. Flyers are a skilled team, much more than they are a "tough" one. Like I said, I follow the Flyers pretty religiously, they are my second favorite team and I read the Flyers board quite a lot. The Flyers are good because of skill and great coaching. It's a Laviolette team in every sense of the word. Look at the complete change from the team under Stevens to the one under PL, completely different. The system is employed beautifully. Strong rush attack, strong two-man forecheck and extremley effective neutral zone trapping which prevents counter-attacks, which is essential for speedy teams like the habs.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote