Thread: Speculation: thoughts toward a big deal
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
howztheglass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Haven't fully considered this, and I'd like some feedback as the idea is developed:

What about something along the lines of:

Gaborik + Girardi + Talbot + X
for
Seabrook + Sharp + Y

Basic thought:
Girardi is not as complete as Seabrook but he will do the whole D thing and not embarrass at getting the puck to the offense. Talbot is a good G prospect, CBH may want options in that regard. CBH have ample D prospects in their system.
Gaborik is inconsistent, but he's still a bonafide sniper w/a shot and may well ignite with change of scenery. Losing Sharp hurts, and that's part of what has to be worked out.

for NYR
upgrade at D
another solid two way C

The ? is how much more, in players and swap of picks, do NYR have to give to make this appealing to CBH.

Don't overpay. That's easy.
Try to figure out what is fair value, and then what do you add to that which is enticing enough, on balance, to induce Hawks to say yes...

Thanks in advance for your feedback, particularly any analytical input...
I'll be honest I don't think that CBH are going to move Sharp with the way he's been playing.I think we missed the boat by not getting him in the off-season when he was available(for cap reason).Seabrook may go for the right package but something tells me CBH are going to be buyers not sellers(as in expiring contracts).

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote