Thread: Proposal: filatov - voynov
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2011, 05:17 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
I'd do the trade even though I'm not convinced that Filatov will be anything other than another enigmatic talent that couldn't put it all together when the going got tough. Even with that, we need talent on the wings and Filatov is exactly that. He's still only 20 so he has plenty of time to prove he can bulk up, handle the physical play of the NHL, and find the defensive zone.

I'm worried that Voynov is gone to the KHL next year if he doesn't make the Kings and barring us losing one of our current Top 6 I don't see that happening even if he's ready for the jump.

I don't see Columbus taking a deal just for Voynov mostly because they don't rid themselves of the KHL risk that way. Although, if they're convinced Voynov is ready to step in and be a long term player for them I could seem them doing it since they need help on D.

Other than the KHL factor, I'd prefer we trade Hickey before Voynov but I'm wary of losing any of our top prospects for a player that may bolt at the first sign of trouble.