View Single Post
Old
01-27-2011, 05:42 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds81 View Post
Bieksa is atleast equal to Phaneuf this year, possibly better.

It'd say Kaberle and Ehrhoff are on equal footing at the moment.

It'd take Ballard over Komisarek. Ballard has had a rough go just because of the numbers game. However he has played much better lately and had the most minutes of any Canuck last night.

I'd take Hamhuis over Beauchemin right now. Hanhuis has progressively gotten back to the way he started the year after his injury.

Hamhuis and Bieksa have arguably been Vancouver's top line this year.
The only thing Bieksa has on Phaneuf is his contract. Dion hasn't played up to his, but he's still marginally better than Bieksa.

Kaberle still has an edge on Ehrhoff, the guy has 30 points on a team systemically not set up to get points from the D, and has been solid defensively.

Ballard & Komisarek are basically the same calibre of defenceman. Both are having a rough go and fell victim to the numbers game.

Hamhuis & Beauchemin are basically the same defenceman, only difference is age / contract which isn't relevant to play on the ice.

Beauchemin & Phaneuf have been Toronto's top pair this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Wait did you just say Schenn was just as good as Edler? Oh my god, open up your eyes and start watching other teams play. Also saying Hamhuis and Ballard are equal to Komisarek and Beacuchimen is just as ludicrous.

If the Leafs blue-line was just as good as the best team in the league blue line I assure you they would be higher than 26 th in the league.
Wait did you just say Schenn wasn't as good as Edler? Oh my god, open up your eyes and start watching other teams play. Also, saying Hamhuis and Ballard are equal to Komisarek and Beauchemin is perfectly accurate.

The Leafs blueline is just as good as the best team's in the league. They just don't have the high quality forwards / goaltending (infact, they have amongst the worst in the league in both those areas) and their rugged stay-at-home style is not remotely suited to their uptempo forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
#1: Phaneuf = Edler (Phaneuf has been playing the shutdown role)
Top Offensive: Kaberle > Ehrhoff (Toronto isn't built to get points from the D)
Top Shutdown: Beauchemin = Hamhuis (basically the same defneceman, Beauchemin is top 5 in blocked shots aswell))
OtherKomisarek < Bieksa (sure)
Other:Schenn > Ballard (yup)
Gunnarsson/Lebda = Rome/Alberts (insignificant)
Fixed.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote