Thread: Proposal: filatov - voynov
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
wicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Nope, that's basically 4 prospects for a elite player.

Anyway Filatov is being developed by Columbus they screw up on a lot of prospects Nash is an outlier plus he is only 20. I would think Filatov would be good on Kopitar's wing. He will keep adding pounds over the summer like he did last summer(I think he gained somewhere around 15 pounds) if developed properly a Filatov, Kopitar line would be scary.

Since your defense is pretty good already, and have a good defensive prospect pool I would think moving Voynov for Filatov would be worth the risk.

Plus I bet he would love to get out of Columbus to live in LA.
Yeah, that Parise trade is never going to happen.

I do like the prospect of swapping a Hickey/Voinov for Filatov, but I fear that his development has gone awry due to the way the Jackets have handled him. However, it also reminds me of the way the Kings have handled Moller, so it's a pot meet kettle kind of thing. I remember Filatov getting a hat-trick in a game and being sent down the next day, and it resembles the Moller stint of this season, where he had three points in four games, but it still wasn't enough for him to stick.

The are going to be zero quality wingers available over the summer, so this should be something that the organization should really look at.

Also, as a poster already expressed, I would rather have Hickey go the other way, even though that still creates a problem. If Voinov is the guy that sticks around and we still don't have a spot on the team for him next year, then he might take off. The kid has done everything that has been asked of him. Tough choice.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote