View Single Post
Old
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Macksayev
17+19 (3+72)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
Even if Jordan Staal is just a #2 center, I still think he's worth trading for now while the return for him is reasonable (then again, maybe Pittsburgh has absolutely no plans to trade him ).

Anyway, he's been very good this season, with 7 points in his last 6 games. While you could say that it's really 7 in 11 games, he probably needed time to adjust after missing half the season. And he's also a great defensive forward (nominated for the Selke last season).

Realistically, though, I don't think Pittsburgh would take Stafford and a 2nd or 3rd. But maybe they would listen for Stafford and a 1st? I'm not sure if other GMs would agree that Stafford has figured it out though.

Will anyone we would take in the 1st round be better than Staal? I'm not sure...
dont get me wrong, I would love to have Jordan Staal on the Sabres- I'm not sure if it's out of homerism or admiration for the way he plays a defensively responsible game.... but nonetheless, I'd love to have him wearing blue and gold.

Like you said, though, having Jordan Staal as a number three center is amazing for Pittsburgh, and I don't see them parting with him unless the deal is a bit of an overpayment/an issue with the cap.

Macksayev is offline   Reply With Quote