Old
01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Had some nice seasons in Buffalo and from all accounts the management liked him. with the injurys maybe they'll snag him.
No thank you. We have no interest in getting Kotalik back.

To this day, it stuns me to think how Sather could give Kotalik a 3-year, 9M contract with a NTC. This is Ales Kotalik we're talking about. One of the worst contracts I've ever seen Sather give to someone, and there have been many. Props to Sather though for getting Kotalik to waive his NTC and managing to get rid of him last year. Never liked the trade for the Flames.

I was just thinking to myself last night. How is it that Kotalik hasn't been waived yet? Well, I was right on time it looks like. 3 goals in 20 games is unacceptable for a player who is only useful for scoring, even worse for a player getting paid 3M a year. Kotalik doesn't do much else; he doesn't use his body, he can't play defense, and he can't set teammates up. It looks like he can't even score goals anymore, which is the reason why he got the contract in the first place, to pot goals.

I trust that Darcy is smart and won't ever get Kotalik back. He had some good years here, don't get me wrong, but there was way too much inconsistency and floating in his game for my liking. He could be a better player if he used his size but he never got that down.

Good for Calgary to get his contract off the cap. Honestly, IMO, Kotalik doesn't even belong in the NHL anymore. I'm surprised he's not in the minors or overseas already.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote