View Single Post
Old
01-28-2011, 12:09 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Eeeh, I'm as harsh of a critic of Brown as you'll find. But what young winger with upside is there that can step in and do what Brown does, at least when Brown is playing at the top of his game? They're not going to get a Taylor Hall for him, so I don't think it would be wise to move Brown due to his inconsistencies.

The team has just placed too much of a burden on his shoulders by giving him the captaincy. That is something that should be earned, not handed out. Even with his struggles, we are all aware of how much of an impact player he can be when he is hitting and driving the net aggressively. It's just been too intermittent with him.

I'd rather see the Kings keep Brown where he is, place the "C" on a real leader (I think Johnson will make a good captain some day), and specifically give him simple direction and assignments as the top line RW: give the puck to Kopitar, don't try to beat players one-on-one, and drive to the net. He needs to simplify his game rather than trying to do too damn much.
Well said.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote