Thread: Erik Cole
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
depends on what is being offered. They know realisticly they are not going to win a cup with or without cole. So if they can grab a decent player to fill in the lineup now and some picks or porspects they might move him. You hope shooter shows the recent patience that he has when he wants to make a deal.
Ah, it really doesn't... playoff revenue is a big deal to teams, and guys like Cole aren't going to return a huge chip in a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Frank seems to think you can bring people on the playoff roster without going through waivers, but someone here has said differently.
I am almost 100% positive that the waiver rules remain in effect until the end of the season (i.e. the final game of the SCF). Independent of that, I'm not sure a player that has to pass through waivers can be eligible for postseason play for you (similar to a player acquired after the deadline).

If this isn't the rule, then it's a massive hole in the CBA. Logically, it would be a huge competitive advantage for wealthy teams to be able to stash a player in the minors at the deadline and then bring him back up without having to worry about re-entry come playoff time.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote