Old
01-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
Are we a serious Cup contender?

When everybody's healthy, can we compete with the Flyers in the 7 game series? The Pens?

We're not the most talented bunch, but we have a lot of depth. When we're healthy we can roll 4 lines consistently and all 4 can score. We have a young D, but they're smart and poised. Our team forechecks ferociously, clogs the passing lanes, blocks shots, takes body and in general, a frustration to play against. But can we win against the Flyers and Pens and Caps in the 7 game series?

With that in mind, anybody's willing to trade Avery at the deadline for picks? I think he's the most tradeable player, both in availability from our side and desirability in other teams' eyes. We definitely don't want to disrupt the chemistry on the 3 lines that have played with each other consistently, Drury has NMC, EC is EC, Prospal is a question mark, so this leaves Avery.
Not even convinced that we're a playoff team yet, though I think we are. I think we match up well with Pens but not Flyers, or even Habs for that matter. Caps, yes, I think we can take them.

Who would take Avery? I doubt there is a team out there interested in all that baggage. He could become healthy scratch fodder as the playoffs get closer and these guys start coming back, but I don't see a trade happening.

Oh and Prospal's comment/joke about "shaking confidence" was not directed at Hank, he was shooting on the goal-tending coach. But that interview was very insightful, because Vinny looked very happy about how he was progressing. (not intended for Nemchinov)

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 01-28-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: playoffs
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote