vCash: 500
I wonder if San Jose fans would consider this offer:

to San Jose:
Jochen Hecht
Andrej Sekera
2011 BUF 2nd Round Pick

to Buffalo:
Joe Pavelski

The Sharks seem to have an extra top 6 forward with the emergence of Logan Couture, but they lack defensive forwards. A lot of their bottom 6 players are either young guys with lots of offensive potential but haven't put it together yet, or old guys like Nichol or Mayers who are probably on their way out. I think Jochen Hecht could anchor their bottom 6 for the next couple years, and still put up 35-45 points for them. He's a guy who can flourish on any line.

Sekera would help with their defense situation. I don't know what the issue is, but from what I've read from Sharks fans on the main board, their defense isn't that good. Sekera could probably help with that. He's young, has offensive potential, and is becoming a lot better in his own end this year.

The Sharks have almost $23 mil locked up in their top 3 forwards (Thornton, Heatley and Marleau) for the next 4 years. Pavelski makes as much as Derek Roy, so they might be looking to move him so they can use that money to add more depth to their line-up. Couture's gonna be getting a big raise soon anyway.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote