View Single Post
Old
01-28-2011, 01:09 PM
John-Eric Iannicello

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Was listening to him talk and he said that he belives that Burke and company have some big moves in store he said that Brian Burke will do WHATEVER it takes to make the Leafs a playoff team/contender next year. He said we are in the Market for a top line C as top line LW and a legit #1 goalie according to Dreger we have the assets to get this done.

so Leaf fans if we are to take Dreger at his word and he is one of most connected guys in the business do you expect Kadri and/or our 2012 1st to be on the block? I think it's a damn good possibilty.
I'd be shocked to see Burke make any moves leading up to the deadline that involved those players.

A.) Why? The teams is in the basement, and unless it's getting a Kessel like player (meaning early 20s, and established in the league).

B.) As a follow up to A, which teams are in a position to deal top line talent on the verge of the deadline? Not to mention ones that fit the blueprint.

We know what Burke wants, but at this point in the season it's unlikely to even consider adding such players unless they can be had for cheap (i.e. taking a bloated contract for scraps). Doesn't make much sense considering the state of the team. Now in the summer..it may be a different story.

John-Eric Iannicello is offline   Reply With Quote