01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
You will need a car

Los Feliz is a safe neighborhood.
Car is not an option, sadly. I wish I could rent one, but I have some license issues over here in Quebec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
the best thing about los feliz (in my opinion) is the fact that you can breathe up there as you're a little higher in the atmosphere and the smog bothers less. some good little coffee/pie shops in the area that are open late, too.

EDIT: that being said, don't know much about the hotel situation, sorry...
Couldn't find much hotels in Los Feliz, I'm probably going to look for hotels directly in Hollywood and the likes. Looks like a nice place though, I might go take a stroll over there if I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I'm not even sure you'll be able to find a Motel 6 for $60-$70 a night. Especially in that area.

The Metro Red Line runs between Downtown LA and North Hollywood and goes right through Hollywood. Here is the link to the map/timetables...

http://www.metro.net/riding_metro/bu...images/802.pdf

maybe you can use this as a tool to find hotels near a stop?
I got a few hotels around Hollywood in the 60-90 range. I'm not worried about the price, I have a few options for that. Just wanted to get some info on the areas and possibly good cheap hotels some people on this board may know of.

Thanks for the map, that will definitely be useful!

EDIT: Thanks a lot for the extra info Buddy. I completely forgot about TripAdviser, I'll take a look. I planned to look for coupons as well, that always can sweeten the deal a bit.

Thanks for the help all!

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote