View Single Post
Old
01-28-2011, 03:16 PM
CGNY87

vCash: 500
We have the same problem with our D in my league. The Dman forgets to check behind him and we let in alot of backdoor goals. I just got into an argument with the D that is usually playing with my O line.

He was whinning about us having slower breakouts and trouble getting the puck out. But that is primarily because he gets fixated on the puck and leave his area open and we have to cheat down if we dont want to give up 10+ goals. If its a real obvious opportunity for a backdoor goal, I usually drop down, but yell at my D to get back into position. I stay somewhere between my position and his and just annoy the opponent by giving a little shove or lifting his stick, until the D wakes up. Ideally they realize their mistake and I can move back to my position.

But I feel you have to stop covering for them. If your team gives up a goal while you are out of position, it makes them think that you are the one screwing up. Sometimes you gotta let the Dman give up a few goals before they realize, hey that was the guy I should have been on

CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote