Thread: OT: Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
jerome garcia

vCash: 500
someone your size should be taking maybe 2000 calories a day if you want to lose weight. if you want to drop 15 pounds you should be able to do this in 5-6 weeks. 30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week should be a good starting point. you must break a good sweat and get to the point where you want to stop, that is when you know it's intense enough. as far as diet, i would stay away from all fried foods and simple carbs like candy, ice cream, cake, etc. try to drink a gallon of water or close to it a day. eat lean protein like chicken, turkey, lean beef, fish. for your carbs eat 100% whole wheat bread, peanut butter, fresh fruit, yams, vegetables, greek yogurt, etc. stay away from processed foods with lots of ingredients and preservatives. try not to eat carbs before you go to bed. the best time for cardio is in the morning on an empty stomach. i eat maybe 7 or 8 smaller meals or snacks throughout the day starting from when i wake up, till about an hour before i go to bed. this will keep your belly full all day and keep your metabolism going. i usually drink three 8 oz cups of tea or black coffee because caffeine acts as a natural fat burner. all this has worked for me and it should work for anyone, as long as you stay with it. of course weight training in addition to your cardio will drop the weight much faster, but it is not necessary.